Thursday, November 17, 2011

"You suddenly connect, with a thing that you forgot"

Just registered for MOST of my second semester classes. Feelin good about next semester. My 18 credit hour schedule plus being cast in a show and HOPEFULLY crewing the other show.......I am gonna have my plate FULL! But I feel good about it. I am feeling like I have things figured out and like I know what steps I need to take. My Fair Lady has been a great experience, but it will be "LOVERLY" to not have to drive to West Valley. It will be good for me to just be here. Next semester I will practically LIVE at school. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I will start school at 8:30 after that class I will study until 12:00 when I have my second class...I will run home and grab some lunch and start my final class at 2:30....after that at 4:30....I WILL GO TO THE GYM!!! That's right, I am gonna go to the gym. I just decided that just now as I was writing that. Afer the gym I will have rehearsal at 7 and finally get home at 10:00ish to shower, have dinner......?? and sleep. Yes you read that right...I will be AT SCHOOL from 8:30 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. ONLY a theatre major could have that schedule. As crazy and as stressfull as that sounds. I feel GREAT about it.
If only I could get RIGHT NOW figured out, that would be SWELL! I am just so excited for this show and this semester to be over. I don't even care what happens. I just need it to be done. I need to clean my room and KEEP it clean. I just don't get why: If I like a clean room....why do I let it get messy? I know why. Because I also like to be lazy. And lazy always wins. No matter who you are or what you are doing. I also need to get ALL of my laundry done. I am sick of being told what to wear....(meaning....the one and only thing that is in my closet.....) I am ready to have choices again. So this weekend, I am doin ALL my laundry. Also what is happening this weekend is SHIRTS ARE GETTING DONE. Yes that is right. Batman shirts...will be DONE this weekend. LONG WAY PAST OVER DUE Seven Brides shirts.........will be............Sufficiently dented in......this weekend.  I just NEED TO GET SHIT DONE!
......
It wouldn't really be a "Tanner Rampton Blog Post" if I didn't talk about theatre somewhere......(somewhere besides my crazy schedule.) Today I really realized what this is going to take and I think that may be why I am so excited to get next semester going. Dedication and Discipline. That is what needs to happen. Now I often say I am a very passionate person, and I am very passionate about what I do, but I am not sure that up until now I have been "dedicated." Now right now my mother is saying "Of course you are dedicated. You devote your WHOLE LIFE to what you do." And yes, that's true. But that's not what I mean. What I mean is that...I have to be NOT lazy and I have to be willing to work harder than everyone else. And I DON'T do that. But I will now. Today in my Voice and Movement class, Tracy Callahan lectured us. To start the lecture, she made us get out a sheet of paper and write various things like: Excuses we give ourselves, weaknesses, strengths, things we are afraid of. This opened my eyes SO much. I don't need to just take the assignment and do it. I need to take it and do it the best. I need to be the one that blows her away.
To quote a good song about theatre from [title of show]
          "And when you least expect, opportunity walks through the door. You suddenly connect with a thing that you forgot, that you've been looking for. And there you are, right in the middle of what you love. With the craziest of company, you're having a KICK ASS time. You're being who you want to be in this world."

Just something I have been thinking about. It's time for my beauty sleep.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment