Sunday, January 22, 2012

2012

Long time no see. I presume that it is my fault.
Well, its January. A new year, and the worst month. Back to school. Coming down from party highs, and eating too much. BUT, this January hasn't been too bad so far. But I am getting ahead of myself.
Lets get into what you have missed while I was out.
1. My sister got married. Big deal!! hah!
It was a very fun night and I am so happy for the two of them!!
2. Towards the end of the semester, I started to fall behind on things, those things being math and my practicum hours. There was so much stress at the end of the semester, those things being school work, math practicum, directing scenes, and New York, which we'll get to. WELL, I fell way far behind. I didn't finish math, I will have to finish that next fall. And I didn't finish my practicum. That is a problem. Practicum hours are a requirement for my scholarship. Lucky to a very great man named Jim Christian, along with the rest of the department staff,  I continue to keep my scholarship, and will definitely finish my practicum this semester. So far this semester has been going much smoother.
3.NEW YORK! In December, I finished my finals early and traveled to New York with my friend Matt Davies and my dad, so Matt and I could audition for Newsies! That's right, I auditioned for a BROADWAY show in December. It was one of the single greatest experiences of my life!! Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me this time. This was solidified seeing as the announced the cast a couple days ago! But, still, I am quite proud of myself. Matt and I showed up to Ripley-Grier studios at about 6:30 and sat in the front lobby and waited for a couple hours until they came and let us in at about 9:00. Matt and I were numbers 15 and 16. The first group. They pulled us in, in groups of 21. We took about 15 minutes to learn the short audition piece, then we did it in halves, quarters, and then finally the auditon in groups of 3. Now, I had been told time and time again that these people are mean. Not here they weren't. Not intimidating at all. When the came over to judge us, the didn't sit in a panel behind a table, they came over with all of our headshots and resumes and sat on the floor in front of us. Pretty cool. We auditioned and Matt and I both NAILED it. We weren't lost in this sea of talent, we were staying afloat with all the best in the room. It was really cool. At this point it was time to make cuts. Now Matt and I both could have sworn that they were holding my headshot and resume when they were announcing who got to stay. When all the names were read, Matt and mine's name weren't read. Slightly disappointed, we left the studio. Wish our good friend John, who we happened to run into, good luck! Throughout the trip, I only got more proud of Matt and I. We literally went and auditioned for Broadway, and actually did well. Turns out, they only were casting about 4 new people, so technicially it came down to: Who fit in the costumes, who looked different from everyone else. So I feel really good about it.
4. Just recently (last Thursday) I audition for the summer season of Tuacahn. My initial audition started with my walking in and singing "It Takes Two" from Hairspray (one of the show selections for this summer), I nailed it. After I sang, I was asked to come to the dance call, BUT Deann, the choreographer for Aladdin, asked me to sing another song first. So, I did. I sang "Build a Wall" from Shrek: The Musical. Nailed that one as well. The director even said so himself. Hours later it was time for the dance call. Learned the dance, nailed the dance. Got a callback! 6 people got a callback. 2 guys got a callback! Felt really good! Callbacks were supposed to be held that night, BUT time had run over and there wasn't any time! So, that Saturday morning, Mike, Tony, and I drove out to the armpit of Utah, Provo. And worse, BYU. We did the dance call again, got another callback, read some stuff, then we were on our way. I feel really good about it. Now I just have to wait, and wait and wait and wait. 
Well that is some stuff that has happened to me, I am sure that there is more. But I can't really keep my life straight.....:/
I will post more on life tomorrow.
Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment