Thursday, September 8, 2011

Wahoo!!!

Today, today was a fantastic day. My body casually woke up before my alarm, which is always a sign of a great day. I then proceeded to take a lovely stroll to school. I sat by my new friend Karson, who will be performing on a cruise ship with me next year. (We are not really performing.......but we are gonna audition..) Which is gonna be so fun! Then I sat with some awesome theatre people and made ridicuous theatre jokes and trivial pursuit questions. I then went to my voice lesson with the wonderful Jim Christian. What a lovely thing it is to have Jim Christian be your voice teacher. I sang a song that I have sang over 100 times I am SURE! And I sounded better than I have ever sounded before in my ENTIRE life! It was totally and completely Joyous!! We moved on and I am working on two awesome new songs: "Johanna" from Sweeney Todd..which is JUST beautiful! and also "Tonight at Eight" from She Loves Me which was exciting because I am not familiar with the show. After my voice lesson I went to the Costume Studio and got my first 3 hours of practicum. Now, I thought practicum was going to suck. But it didn't! Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that it was EXACTLY my cup of tea. I mean I sewed for 3 hours....I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO SEW!!! But I sure as heck did a simple stitch. I worked on one "Bum Roll" for "Romeo and Juliet" for the ENTIRE three hours. But I got to chat with some theatre friends and meet some new people.
As of this very second, I feel like I really maybe can get through my degree if I just plow!
BUT that doesn't change the fact that I still want to have options. I WILL still audition for AMDA and I WILL still audition for Cruise Lines. Just becuase I need to see what options I do have. Which I mean, come on, thats understandable right? I mean we ALL can't be college people. Right?
Rehearsal tonight!-Wahoo!!!
Friday Tomorrow!-Wahoo!!!
Mary Poppins Sunday-Wahoo!!!
Life.Is.Good.

1 comment: